Do you need a happier workplace with increased motivation and workplace engagement?
If your employees are not performing at their best lately, then perhaps you could do with some outside perspective on workplace engagement from a workplace mentor.
What is a Workplace Coach or Mentor?
Workplace mentors work on-site to guide any employee on any matter, personal or professional. Their greatest service to employees is to be available. Dressed casually, they regularly visit with employees, managers and leaders at their work stations and offices, establishing a rapport with workers and making them aware that the service is available, especially during emergencies. They generally spend two days per week in a company, from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
The overall purpose is to pay attention to the various needs of the workforce, as managers often do not have time, so that there is maximum satisfaction for the employee and maximum engagement for the company – a truly win / win situation.
How can we help with workplace engagement?
We can provide insight at your workplace by:
- Enhancing employee well-being
- Providing employees with support for any on-job related interpersonal challenge / conflict
- Assisting employees with emotional attitudinal difficulties such as anger, anxiety, stress or depression
- Helping employees with related health issues such as illness, substance abuse, fitness, diet, and weight control
- Support employees with family relationships – eg. parenting, grief, divorce, death
- Significantly, confront and resolve workplace bullying
- Discussing ethical issues that arise
- Discussing any other issues that managers or employees wish to raise and discuss
- Report employee engagement levels and issues to Management
Reporting to Management
Mentors and coaches would provide a monthly report to client company management detailing the hours spent with employees. However, names and details would be withheld due to confidentiality. If a serious matter occurred, where the workplace mentor felt senior management should be informed, it should be done with the consent of the employee.
Workplace Engagement Performance Plan
Our Workplace Mentors’ Performance Plan is designed to improve the engagement levels and performance of your employees:
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Support for any on-job related interpersonal challenge / conflict
- Assistance with emotional attitudinal difficulties such as anger, anxiety, stress and depression
- Help with related health issues such as illness, substance abuse, fitness, diet, and weight control
- Support for family relationships – eg. parenting, grief, divorce, death
- Ethical issues that arise
- Other issues that managers or employees wish to raise and discuss
- Monthly report to Management (time spent, issues covered – names withheld due to confidentiality)
- Company alerts WMP to issues
Objectives (What and How)
- Leadership Engagement
- Identify the contact person or group
- WMP introduced to each department to discuss the purpose and role. Questions encouraged for clarification
- Ask the question – ‘In the morning when I awaken, do I want to come to work?’
- Initially, over time, meet the work-force and develop friendly relationships
- Attend to any immediate issues that employees bring to the WPC
- No set times for meeting with WPP
- If a serious problem is identified, then adequate time should be given for counselling
- At times, serious cases may need to be referred to specialist professionals as in Employment Assistance Program (EPA)
- Confidentiality would be observed at all times. However, if a serious issue occurs, and the WPC believes management should be informed, it should be with the knowledge and agreement of the employee concerned
- Conversely, management at times may need to inform the WPP of areas of concern
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – (Measure success of KRAs)
- Happier workplace
- Increased motivation and engagement
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced theft and fraud
- Increased retention rates
- Improved morale, attitude, teamwork and loyalty
- Improved workplace safety
- Allows managers to focus more on their work tasks
- Increased productivity and profitability
How does your workplace compare with the current engagement levels in Australian business?
No matter what the levels of engagement are in your business – we can help to get you where you want to be.
To learn more contact one of our Leadership team (by clicking here) and let us overview together your situation and perhaps arrange for an initial, free discussion to further explore in detail – the culmination being a plan that is right for you and your organisation.